Drink Up. Stay Cool.
For this week, we are kicking off summer with the goal of being better hydrated. With temps soaring and more time spent enjoying the outside, it is crucial to get enough fluids. Being hydrated will boost your energy levels, mood, reduce hunger, and keep your skin vibrant and youthful!
#1 Goal for this challenge is to drink more enhanced water every day.
How to boost your hydration:
- Sip all day every day! Don't wait until you're thirsty.
- Enhance your h2o with antioxidants, electrolytes, minerals and natural flavors. Water is fine, but it can be boosted for better results!
- Aim for 8 cups a day... This isn't a set in stone recommendation! But it is a nice guideline to gauge your drinking habits.
- If you're being active, aim for a gulp or 2 every 10-15 minutes.
What not to do:
- Avoid highly processed drinks (you know, with lots of ingredients and chemicals!)
- Avoid heavily sweetened beverages. It is okay to have a bit of natural sugar in your drink here and there! However, gulping down loads of sugar (real or fake) will lead to weight gain, sugar addiction, and stressed skin cells.
- Avoid alcohol in the sun. I know I know... but its a dehydration double whammy... if you are going to imbibe ( I mean lets be real...) try sipping on a spritz or low proof cocktail.
- If you're being active, do not try to rely on drinking during the event only. Make sure you are hydrating extra leading up to the event.
Try this summer Watermelon Lemonade recipe!!
Don't forget to tag your challenge with #fitsummer !!