What I eat: Long Ride
I get asked pretty often what I eat. What I eat for breakfast, lunch, while in the shower, while on a run, while in bed, while riding my bike... You get the idea. You guys want to know what I'm consuming!!! I don't blame you either. I definitely put a lot of effort into creating visually and nutritionally satisfying meals to fuel my body for all activities.
So I'm starting the 'What I Eat' series. In these posts, I'll go through what I actually consumed during different activities/days.
- Maple Cayenne Whole Milk Latte
- Bagel Sandwich
Bringing on the ride:
- 1 thick slice home baked buckwheat fruit/nut bread
- 1 banana
- 1 baggie standard gummie bears
- 2 homemade energy bars (watch video below to make your own!)
- Nuun tablet in water bottle
**This ride has options to stop off at for more food if needed.
***These are my favorite energy bars for taking on rides!! Make them yourself!
What I actually consumed during 93 miles:
- 1 energy bar (bites throughout the ride)
- Entire slice of bread (some at ~30mi and the rest ~50)
- 1 tall holiday spice flat white from starbucks at mile 11.
- Small white mocha immediately after
- 1 individual packet Cocoa Elite + h2o
Consumed later that night:
- Salad from Whole Foods salad bar (so good!)
- GF pizza, 4 small slices (I wanted to eat the whole thing)
- 1 glass wine
- 1 whiskey cocktail
- Few bites of ice cream (oops!)