I get asked very frequently
'what do you buy at the store?!'
LOTS! There is no shortage of healthful food in my house as I appreciate a large variety of ingredients on hand always.
Read this post! I've put together some clips of me shopping, items I personally go for, tips + a downloadable shopping list!!
Keep in mind that what you buy at the store is what will end up on your plate and in your belly. Do not expect good results if you aren't starting by filling your cart with the best you can!
*** See me shop more often! I post 'live' shots to Instagram @cadencekitchen !
My norms: These foods are my staple items and I’m always making sure these ingredients are stocked (and back-stocked…).
- Sprouted Brown Rice
- Coconut Oil
- Beets (gold + red)
- Raw Almonds
- Sunflower Seeds
- Sesame Oil
- Veggie Burgers
- Organic Milk
- Organic Cottage Cheese
- Sea Salt
- Dried Coconut
- Red Wine
Special Items: These are things I use sparingly and replenish my stocks occasionally, when needed, or if it’s been awhile since I’ve treated myself.
- Avocado Oil
- Bee Pollen
- Coconut Aminos
- Grassfed Steak/red meat
- Hemp Seeds
- Grassfed Whey Protein
- Activated Charcoal
- Chocolate (okay this should probably be on my 'norms' list above...)
- Dried Mango
- Beet Sauerkraut
Packaged Picks: Sure, packaged food is to be left on the shelves... mostly... but I like to have certain things on hand for when I'm in a rush or not motivated to cook. Having some packaged standards keeps me away from ordering take out or binging on pure junk.
- Good Culture plain cottage cheese
- Modern Table Meals
- Darista Dips step it up a BEET
- Cleveland Kraut beet sauerkraut
- Republic of Tea get clean + get lean
- Sky Valley peanut sauce
- Smart Flour frozen pizzas
- Dr. Paegars super green veggie burgers
- Cocoa Elite recovery powder
- Qia Superflakes Cereal
- Bobs Red Mill Mighty Tasty hot cereal
- Epic chicken 'bacon' bits
Personal Tips: Here are some 'rules' I follow that hopefully will help you too!
- Make a list
- Do not go hungry!
- Always start with the fresh fruits/veggies
- Do not ignore the freezer aisle!
- Ask yourself 'how will this food help my health?'
- Always try something new!
- Limit the number of 'foods with labels' that go into the cart
- Ride a bike to the store, it limits how much you can leave with!